Chaikin’s volatility indicator.
Quote from Technical Analysis from A to Z by S. Achelis:
There are two ways to interpret this measure of volatility. One method assumes that market tops are generally accompanied by increased volatility (as investors get nervous and indecisive) and that the latter stages of a market bottom are generally accompanied by decreased volatility (as investors get bored).
Another method (Mr. Chaikin’s) assumes that an increase in the Volatility indicator over a relatively short time period indicates that a bottom is near (e.g., a panic sell-off) and that a decrease in volatility over a longer time period indicates an approaching top (e.g., a mature bull market). As with almost all experienced investors, Mr. Chaikin recommends that you do not rely on any one indicator. He suggests using a moving average penetration or trading band system to confirm this (or any) indicator.
The indicator uses SmoothAlgorithms.mqh library classes (must be copied to the terminal_data_folder\MQL5\Include). The use of the classes was thoroughly described in the article “Averaging Price Series for Intermediate Calculations Without Using Additional Buffers”.
This indicator was first implemented in MQL4 and published in CodeBase on 08.02.2007.
MT5 Indicator – Download Instructions
Chaikin Volatility is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Chaikin Volatility provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Chaikin Volatility.mq5?
- Download Chaikin Volatility.mq5
- Copy Chaikin Volatility.mq5 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 5 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click on Chaikin Volatility.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Chaikin Volatility.mq5 is available on your Chart
How to remove Chaikin Volatility.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Click here below to download MT5 Indicator: