A standard version of the XOSMA indicator which can be placed in a fixed timeframe on a value different from chart timeframe where the averaging algorithms of the histogram and signal line can be changed by choosing one of ten possible variants:
- SMA – simple Moving Average;
- EMA – exponential Moving Average;
- SMMA – smoothed Moving Average;
- LWMA – linear weighed Moving Average;
- JJMA – adaptive averaging JMA;
- JurX – ultralinear averaging;
- ParMA – parabolic averaging;
- T3 – Tillson’s multiple exponential smoothing;
- VIDYA – smoothing with the use of Tushar Chande’s algorithm;
- AMA – smoothing with the use of Perry Kaufman’s algorithm.
It should be noted that Phase1 and Phase2 parameters have a completely different meaning for different smoothing algorithms. For JMA it is an external Phase variable changing from -100 to +100. For T3 it is a smoothing ratio multiplied by 100 for better visualization, for the VIDYA it is a CMO oscillator period and for the AMA it is a slow EMA period. In other algorithms these parameters do not affect on averaging. For AMA fast EMA period is a fixed and equal to 2 by default value. The ratio of raising to the power is also fixed on 2 for AMA.
The color of the histogram changes depending on the current market situation.
The indicator uses SmoothAlgorithms.mqh library classes (must be copied to the terminal_data_folder\MQL5\Include). The use of the classes was thoroughly described in the article “Averaging price series for intermediate calculations without using additional buffers”.
Place the ColorXOSMA.mq5 indicator to the terminal_data_folder\MQL5\Indicators.
MT5 Indicator – Download Instructions
ColorXOSMA HTF is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
ColorXOSMA HTF provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install ColorXOSMA HTF.mq5?
- Download ColorXOSMA HTF.mq5
- Copy ColorXOSMA HTF.mq5 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 5 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click on ColorXOSMA HTF.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator ColorXOSMA HTF.mq5 is available on your Chart
How to remove ColorXOSMA HTF.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Click here below to download MT5 Indicator: