The Dots indicator is based on an indicator developed by TrendLaboratory in 2006. The indicator shows current trend direction by placing colored dots on the main chart. Blue dots indicate an uptrend, red dots indicate a downtrend.
The indicator’s calculations are not based on the standart indicators of the MetaTrader platform. The calculation is based on cosine of a price change angle. The trader can set several input parameters of the indicator:
//+-----------------------------------+ //| Indicator input parameters | //+-----------------------------------+ input uint Length = 10; // Depth of smoothing input uint Filter = 0; // parameter allowing to filter price surges without adding display lags. input Applied_price_ IPC=PRICE_CLOSE_; // Applied price input int PriceShift=0; // Vertical indicator shift in points input int Shift=0; // Horizontal indicator shift in bars
Originally this indicator has been written in MQL4 and was first published in the Code Base on 09.06.2015.
MT5 Indicator – Download Instructions
Dots Metatrader 5 Indicator is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Dots Metatrader 5 Indicator provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Dots Metatrader 5 Indicator.mq5?
- Download Dots Metatrader 5 Indicator.mq5
- Copy Dots Metatrader 5 Indicator.mq5 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 5 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click on Dots Metatrader 5 Indicator.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Dots Metatrader 5 Indicator.mq5 is available on your Chart
How to remove Dots Metatrader 5 Indicator.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Click here below to download MT5 Indicator:
Dots Metatrader 5 Indicator