Polarized Fractal Efficiency is a technical indicator that displays the current market prices efficiency. Indicator values oscillate at the interval from -1 to +1, the central line passes through 0 level. It is assumed that a trend is descending, in case the indicator value is positive. And it is ascending, in case the indicator value is negative.
It is recommended to buy when the indicator value falls below -0,5. And it is recommended to sell when the indicator value rises above +0,5.
This indicator allows to select the smoothing type of the initial XCVO histogram and its signal line out of ten possible versions:
- SMA – simple moving average;
- EMA – exponential moving average;
- SMMA – smoothed moving average;
- LWMA – linear weighted moving average;
- JJMA – JMA adaptive average;
- JurX – ultralinear smoothing;
- ParMA – parabolic smoothing;
- T3 – Tillson’s multiple exponential smoothing;
- VIDYA – smoothing with the use of Tushar Chande’s algorithm;
- AMA – smoothing with the use of Perry Kaufman’s algorithm.
It should be noted that Phase type parameters for different smoothing algorithms have completely different meaning. For JMA it is an external Phase variable changing from -100 to +100. For T3 it is a smoothing ratio multiplied by 100 for better visualization, for VIDYA it is a CMO oscillator period and for AMA it is a slow EMA period. In other algorithms these parameters do not affect smoothing. For AMA fast EMA period is a fixed value and is equal to 2 by default. The ratio of raising to the power is also equal to 2 for AMA.
The indicator uses SmoothAlgorithms.mqh library classes (must be copied to the terminal_data_folder\MQL5\Include). The use of the classes was thoroughly described in the article “Averaging Price Series for Intermediate Calculations Without Using Additional Buffers”.
This indicator was first implemented in MQL4 and published in CodeBase 22.08.2008.
MT5 Indicator – Download Instructions
Polarized Fractal Efficiency is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Polarized Fractal Efficiency provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Polarized Fractal Efficiency.mq5?
- Download Polarized Fractal Efficiency.mq5
- Copy Polarized Fractal Efficiency.mq5 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 5 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click on Polarized Fractal Efficiency.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Polarized Fractal Efficiency.mq5 is available on your Chart
How to remove Polarized Fractal Efficiency.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Click here below to download MT5 Indicator: