Replacement of a standard Stochastic. It has the same parameters as the standard plus “sensitivity” parameter Sens in parameters window. It allows cutting off fluctuations below a certain level set in points. Thereby, the number of false signals is considerably reduced.
The fact is that the standard Stochastic (by Layne) locates the current price between price highs and lows for the number of bars set by %K (Kperiod) parameter. And it does not matter, if extreme points differ from each other by 1 or 100 points. It will still indicate oversold/overbought values. Implementation of some limit allows cutting off oscillations that are inconsiderable for a trading system.
This indicator was first implemented in MQL4 and published in Code Base at mql4.com on 19.10.2009.
MT5 Indicator – Download Instructions
Silent stochastic is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Silent stochastic provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Silent stochastic.mq5?
- Download Silent stochastic.mq5
- Copy Silent stochastic.mq5 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 5 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click on Silent stochastic.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Silent stochastic.mq5 is available on your Chart
How to remove Silent stochastic.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Click here below to download MT5 Indicator: