Triangular Moving Average (TMA). The main weight goes for the average part of the price series. In fact, the Moving Average is a double smoothed simple Moving Average.
The simple Moving Averages’ length depends on evenness or oddness of the chosen number of periods. Operations for TMA calculation:
- 1. To the number of periods of Moving Average 1 is added.
- 2. The received sum is divided to 2.
- 3. If the result was released fraction, it is rounded up to a whole.
- 4. The simple Moving Average of close prices with the number of periods obtained up to point 3 is calculated.
- 5. Again using the value obtained up to point 3 the simple Moving Average calculated by point 4 is calculated.
This indicator was first implemented in MQL4 and published in Code Base at mql4.com on 19.10.2007.
MT5 Indicator – Download Instructions
TMA is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
TMA provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install TMA.mq5?
- Download TMA.mq5
- Copy TMA.mq5 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 5 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click on TMA.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator TMA.mq5 is available on your Chart
How to remove TMA.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Click here below to download MT5 Indicator: