Standard MACD version that can be located by setting the indicator timeframe value different from the chart one. The indicator also allows traders to select histogram and signal line smoothing algorithms out of ten possible variants:
- SMA – simple moving average;
- EMA – exponential moving average;
- SMMA – smoothed moving average;
- LWMA – linear weighted moving average;
- JJMA – JMA adaptive average;
- JurX – ultralinear smoothing;
- ParMA – parabolic smoothing;
- T3 – Tillson’s multiple exponential smoothing;
- VIDYA – smoothing with the use of Tushar Chande’s algorithm;
- AMA – smoothing with the use of Perry Kaufman’s algorithm.
It should be noted that Phase1 and Phase2 parameters have completely different meaning for different smoothing algorithms. For JMA it is an external Phase variable changing from -100 to +100. For T3 it is a smoothing ratio multiplied by 100 for better visualization, for VIDYA it is a CMO oscillator period and for AMA it is a slow EMA period. In other algorithms these parameters do not affect smoothing. For AMA fast EMA period is a fixed value and is equal to 2 by default. The ratio of raising to the power is also equal to 2 for AMA.
The color of the histogram and the signal line is changed depending on the current market situation.
The indicator uses SmoothAlgorithms.mqh library classes (must be copied to the terminal_data_folder\MQL5\Include). The use of the classes was thoroughly described in the article “Averaging Price Series for Intermediate Calculations Without Using Additional Buffers”.
This indicator was first implemented in MQL4 and published in the article Effective Averaging Algorithms with Minimal Lag: Use in Indicators and Expert Advisors 03.03.2009.
Place ColorXMACD.mq5 to the terminal_directory\MQL5\Indicators.
MT5 Indicator – Download Instructions
XMACD HTF is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
XMACD HTF provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install XMACD HTF.mq5?
- Download XMACD HTF.mq5
- Copy XMACD HTF.mq5 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 5 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click on XMACD HTF.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator XMACD HTF.mq5 is available on your Chart
How to remove XMACD HTF.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Click here below to download MT5 Indicator: