A digital adaptive Moving Average XXMA represents subtype of Moving Averages with a digital flat-trend filter and is made to separate the angular direction of price movement (trend) from the horizontal (flat) direction for effective trend trading.
As you can see on the figure, during the trend movement of the price XXMA line stays over or under the price chart constantly changing its meaning and drawing bounding line, and during the horizontal movement (flat) it stays in a fixed position. The signal to enter into the deal is closing bar above or below the indicator line on the slant, while the signal to close the position is crossing or closing of the indicator line into the opposite side on the horizontal position.
This indicator was first implemented in MQL4 and published in Code Base on 17.08.2009.
The indicator uses SmoothAlgorithms.mqh library classes (must be copied to the terminal_data_folder\MQL5\Include). The use of the classes was thoroughly described in the article “Averaging price series for intermediate calculations without using additional buffers”.
MT5 Indicator – Download Instructions
XXMA is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
XXMA provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install XXMA.mq5?
- Download XXMA.mq5
- Copy XXMA.mq5 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader 5 Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader 5 Client
- Right click on XXMA.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator XXMA.mq5 is available on your Chart
How to remove XXMA.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Click here below to download MT5 Indicator: